Toxta is a peripheral muscle relaxant that contains purified botulinum toxin type A (in combination with haemagglutinin) and sodium chloride (excipient). The mechanism of action of the drug is based on the ability of botulinum toxin type A to block the transmission of nerve impulses. Intramuscular injection of the toxin disrupts the synthesis of acetylcholine (the neurotransmitter that provides neuromuscular transmission) and leads to temporary paralysis of the facial muscles. Reducing facial expressions helps to relax the face and smooth out wrinkles and prevent the appearance of new ones.
- Effects on wrinkles on the forehead, around the eyes, between the eyebrows: Smoothes wrinkles by inhibiting muscle movement and prevents further wrinkles from forming.
- Safe use: Toxta 100U is made from an original botulinum toxin strain from the European National Institute and is cGMP compliant. Low protein content leads to a low risk of immune resistance.
- High purity for a faster and more consistent result: High purity (99.8%) and high biological activity ensure fast and consistent results.
- Mimic wrinkles on the forehead, between the eyebrows and the nasolabial triangle
- Eyelid spasm (involuntary contractions of the circular muscle in the eye)
- Horizontal and vertical neck wrinkles
- Correction of the lip contour (botulinum toxin injections smooth out the curvature of the lips)
- treatment of hyperhidrosis
Packaging: The drug is produced in the form of a lyophilisate (white powder, which is used to prepare a solution for injection), in glass, tightly closed vials with a volume of 100 units. It should be diluted with 0.9% saline solution.